Embassy Festival of Trees posts record attendance
The 29th Festival of Trees at the Embassy Theatre concluded on Dec. 4 and the eight-day festival set an attendance record of 18,104 surpassing last year’s total by nearly 100 people.
This year’s festival featured 54 trees sponsored by area businesses with themes such as “Lights, Camera, Christmas,” to “Sugar & Spice, Merry & Bright.”
Many people participated in games that added to the fun. Winners were:
Thousands of festival attendees voted for People’s Choice award winners:
- Wells Fargo Money Tree -- Emily Warren of Decatur, who was within 21 cents of the cash placed on and around that tree
- $750 in Jefferson Pointe gift cards -- Jesse Vanengelenhoven, Fort Wayne
- Vera Bradley merchandise -- Susana Frilles, Bluffton
- Two tickets to “Elvis Lives,” which is part of the Broadway at the Embassy season -- Amber Bracken of Fort Wayne
- $500 in 2014 season tickets from Fort Wayne TinCaps – Julie Wagner, Fort Wayne
- Carson’s decorated tree – Janet Hart, Fort Wayne
- First place -- Gatsby Tidings,” decorated and sponsored by A Party Apart
- Second place -- “For Us a Child is Born,” decorated and sponsored by WBCL Radio
- Third place -- “Merry Mary, How Does Your Garden Grow,” sponsored by Covington Commons and decorated by Scott Hermance
Festival of Trees is the Embassy’s signature fundraising event and dollars raised benefit the nonprofit’s operations and programming. The 30th annual Festival of Trees will take place Nov. 26 to Dec. 3, 2014.
Want to be involved next year? Interested in sponsoring and/or decorating a tree at the 2014 Embassy Festival of Trees? Please contact Barb Richards at 260.247.3695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.